Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Still the Second Day

Well since I don't work on Tuesday and Thursday currently, I'll write again!

I can't remember what I wrote last, so I guess these won't be consecutive posts, just random.  That's what blogs are right?  (I have no idea what the OED would classify as a blog, or even if that word is in there.)

I just made some yummy chicken salad.

2 cups cooked chicken, canned Kroger brand
1/4 heaping cup finely sliced organic celery (organic because you eat the skin)
3/4 heaping cups halved red organic grapes (organic because you eat the skin)
1/2 heaping cup of Duke's mayonnaise (only brand that doesn't add sugar)
2 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
pinch of pepper

Mix all together and taste!  I had to force myself to put the fork down.

When I didn't go in to work today, I:

  • Spent 2 hours taking felt pads off of our chairs and replacing them with smaller ones.  My thumbs are raw from rubbing the left over adhesive off.  No pain no gain.
  • Cleaned the polished the table and chairs
  • Tested leaf vs. no-leaf in the table layout
  • Tried out chair positions
  • Finally got our kitchen table set up!
  • Moved everything that was around our table to the middle of kitchen so I can't get around easily.  Leaving it that way.
  • Cleaned the toilet in the master bathroom with baking soda and vinegar
  • Cleaned the tile floor with Swiffer Antibacterial with Febreeze (left over from before I wanted to make my own cleaning products)
  • Trimmed my finger and toenails
  • Made chicken salad for dinner, will make biscuits soon for a possible chicken salad melt.  Hopefully Brian will like them!
Brian's on his way home now and in our old apartment that timing meant I would start making dinner now, however, in our new house that means I better be putting the final touches on dinner!  45 minute commute, versus 30.  Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment